Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Tasty Tomato Soup

I have to confess something...I used to not be a soup lover. It's true. BUT I definitely converted after making this delicious tomato soup. It warms the soul. Really. I made this for Benjamin yesterday and he said he would eat it every day if i made it....just saying. I gotta give credit to my lovely mom though. She invented this recently and it has been a hit in our family ever since. I'll have to post a picture of it next time I make it! Maybe tomorrow?

3 Tbsp onion, chopped
1 clove garlic, chopped
1 Tbsp olive oil
1 can petite diced tomatoes
1 cup chicken broth
1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
2 tsp Italian seasoning or oregano

Saute onion and garlic in olive oil until soft. Add tomatoes and chicken broth and bring to a boil. Then turn down to medium and add red pepper flakes and seasoning. If you want to thicken the soup, mix melted low-fat butter and flour together. Slowly add to soup while stirring constantly. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment